November 22-28, 2021


 Monday was my replacements first day.  We filed a PCT application.  I made tacos for dinner. 

Tuesday I went in to work and had a lot to do, so I was setting up my replacement, Kaylee, with another PCT application, since she had done one yesterday.  I guess I overwhelmed her because she started crying.  I told her that she didn't have to work on the PCT if it was too much.  She ended up just shadowing me until 3 PM.  Then I passed her off to one of my coworkers to learn how to send letters to clients so I could get going on a report Scott needed done.  Paul worked until 9 PM, so I just made myself a grilled cheese and some tomato soup for dinner.  Dr. Nam was going to throw a Christmas party this year but somebody sniched and the department told her she couldn't do that.  That made Paul and me sad. 

Wednesday I got to work a little early because we got our carpets cleaned.  Kaylee worked with my other coworker, Robert, all day.  It was nice getting a break from training.  It was Dr. Nam's birthday and they do this thing where the last person to have a birthday puts on the birthday party for the next person.  Paul was last, so he put on the party for Dr. Nam.  He went to a bakery close to the school and got some pastry's for everyone.  Later that day we got the rest of the ingredients for our Thanksgiving dinner. 

Thursday we went out to breakfast and went for a nice drive.  It was slightly chilly and very sunny.  It was a beautiful day.  I made a yummy dinner of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, rolls, creamed corn and Martinelli's.  I also made my favorite pumpkin pie recipe and I think this is the best it has turned out.  I've made it for the last three years.  Then we took a nice Thanksgiving nap. We watched some movies after that and just had a relaxed evening. 

Friday Paul took the day off and started by getting his oil changed.  We thought we would try out black Friday shopping and went to the outlets.  The traffic was crazy and the lines outside the stores were crazy, so we decided to bail before we even parked.  We tried the mall but it was the same story.  Dad emailed to ask for proof of insurance from July 2020, so I got a little stressed since we don't have that document anymore.  When we got home we started putting up Christmas decorations and Paul got super motivated to put together our nursery furniture that we got in the mail this week in preparation for the Roberts baby shower next week.  It was a little stressful but he did a great job! 


Saturday Paul did not slow down.  He started by helping clean the church, then he came home and deep cleaned our apartment, then he went to lab from 1 PM - 8 PM.  Then we did our laundry and grocery shopping after he got back.  I did some sewing while he was gone. 

Sunday I got up and put dinner in the slow cooker right away and took out some freezer rolls to rise.  I also made some hootenannies for breakfast for fun.  Then I practiced the piano and we went to church.  We had really great speakers.  The first shared his conversion story and both focused on charity and loving God first.  We have a new chorister in primary and it was her first day.  She was nervous and jumped around quite a bit but she found her groove after about ten minutes and she really involved the kids and did a great job.  After church we made cookies.  Paul was excited about it, so I walked him through the cookie dough recipe.  He loved mixing everything together.  I then baked them.  Then we cleaned up and finished dinner just in time for the missionaries to come over.  We had both companionships,  so it was a lot of food to prepare but I think they got enough to eat.  They gave a nice lesson about the Brother of Jared and applied it to how God answers prayers and continuing revelation.  It was a nice evening with them.  After they left Paul did all the dishes and I called the insurance company since I couldn't find our July 2020 document online.  They said it was in their archive and they could only mail or fax it to me, so I'll be getting it in a week or two.

I hope everyone had a good week. Love you all!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 8-14, 2021

November 29 - December 5. 2021