November 29 - December 5. 2021

 This week was good. It was nice because on Wednesday, one of Paul's lab mates made us this salmon tikka masala dish and it was delicious and I also didn't have to cook!  

Thursday I met with a pediatrician and I really liked her.  The first office I contacted didn't offer consultations and said I wouldn't meet Mary's primary care doctor for at least 4 months after her birth.  They had other policies I did not love but this new clinic was much better and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. 

Later that night I went to the Relief Society Christmas Party with my ministering sister, Alissa.  It was super fun.  They had Chipotle cater and I brought some chocolate chip cookies for dessert.  Other desserts that were brought were these yummy brownies, chocolate peppermint cupcakes, and a cinnamon roll cake.  

Friday, Kaylee tested positive for Covid and didn't come to work.  I had been working with her the most but I didn't feel any sickness.  Mike and Wendy were coming into town that night, so I texted to let them know.
I got off work early on Friday and finished cleaning our apartment.  Paul got home and we went to the airport to pick up his parents.  Then we went to Grimaldi's for dinner.

Saturday we went to breakfast at Maple Leaf Diner, then we showed them the largest indoor Christmas tree in the world that is at the mall close to our apartment.  It has almost half a million lights, over 100,000 ornaments, and the star at the top is 100 pounds and 10 feet tall!  Then we went to the Christmas Capital of Texas, Grapevine.  Their Main Street has a lot of cute shops and restaurants.  Wendy and I found some items off my registry and came outside to show them to Paul and Mike.  They were a little disturbed that we didn't pick out any cute outfits for her, so they went inside and picked out 4 outfits that were super cute.

Later that day we had the Roberts baby shower via Zoom.  Paul and Mike went to Bucc-ee's while we had the shower.  
Wendy started out by leading with a game where we follow a prompt and send well wishes to baby Mary.  Everyone said lovely things and also took the opportunity to crack some jokes at fellow family members.  Emily then shared a game where we match the name of a baby animal to the name of an adult animal.  It was very challenging.  I have never heard of an echidna before, or its counterpart baby, the puggle.  I lost that game shamefully but it was super fun!  Rachel then led a game where she asked a series of questions and I answered to say if it applied to me or Paul.  Then, whoever guessed the most questions correctly won.  That was a fun way to share details about how we are both reacting to the pregnancy and preparing to be parents.  Then I did a little virtual tour of the nursery and showed off the items provided by the shower attendees.  Then Wendy and I shared the fun items we had bought that day for Mary and I opened a gift from Wendy and Hannah that had a cute little outfit and some jingly socks.  The Roberts side also gifted us our crib, crib mattress, sheets, and mattress protector, glider, and bookshelf for the nursery.  It was a super fun shower and it was great to get together and get excited about our little Mary joining us soon.

After the shower, we went to Fogo De Chao for dinner.  It is a Brazilian Steakhouse.  It was delicious but we all left feeling kind of sick because we ate too much.
  
Sunday we went to breakfast at Benedict's, the place Paul and I went to breakfast on Thanksgiving.  Then we went to Costco and stocked up on baby items (diapers, wipes, etc.).  After we got that all to our apartment - which was a real feat because we got a lot of big boxes and were somehow able to fit everything into our Honda Civic - we drove up to Plano.  We had some gelato and wandered through some shops on Main Street there as well.  I had a virtual class that afternoon, so we went to Costco to grab some lunch for me before the class.  I zoomed into class in the car and just put in headphones.  Then we went to Bucc-ee's because Wendy didn't get to go the night before.  I stayed in the car while they shopped and had lunch.  We drove out to the airport after that and my class ended during that drive.  Then Wendy and I went into Joann's for a minute before we dropped them off at the airport.

It is always hard coming off the high of having family in town.  It was so fun to be with Mike and Wendy all weekend, it was hard to see them go.

Afterward, we did our grocery shopping and even though it was only 9:00 PM, we were so tired that we just went to bed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 22-28, 2021

November 8-14, 2021