October 25 - 31, 2021




Monday, I had my 28 week doctors appointment and took my glucose test.  I passed but the drink did make me woozy.  That night I made some vegetarian, sweet potato chili for dinner and practiced the piano for the primary program on Sunday. 

Happy birthday Andrew on Tuesday!

Paul went to a meeting for his calling on Tuesday and got a list of people that are new to the ward that he will contact. 
Wednesday we had our final interview for my position at work.  Everyone liked the candidate but when Scott offered her the job, she declined it.  He extended the offer to another candidate and we are waiting to hear back from her.
Paul got home early, so we took the opportunity to celebrate his birthday a little early.  We went to Meso Maya for dinner then we went to the movies and saw Dune.  It was really good! 

Thursday I made pumpkin s'more bars for Paul's birthday cake.  He said they are his favorite dessert that I make and I haven't made them yet this year.  I tried to find some Halloween stuff for the Trunk or Treat on Saturday but all the stores have gotten rid of their Halloween stuff and it is all Christmas now, it's not even past Halloween yet!  Paul's brother, Adam, had to get his appendix out.  We hope he is making a speedy recovery.
Friday Paul left for work early so he could come home early but as soon as he was leaving, another lab mate asked him for help and made him stay until after 7pm.  He was in lab for 11 hours!  The lab did celebrate his birthday, despite his best efforts.  They got him this beautiful birthday cake and everyone wished him a happy birthday.  We went to Outback Steakhouse and then just relaxed at home after a long day. 

Happy Birthday to Brooke on Saturday!

Saturday was so beautiful.  It was so sunny and about 75 degrees.  We drove out to White Rock Lake and walked around for a while.  Paul had to run into lab for 10 minutes, so we did that before heading home and getting ready for the Trunk or Treat. Friday I was able to find some decorations for our trunk at Michael's, so that was lucky.  The ward put on a Chili cook-off with corn bread and Fritos.  I got a white chicken chili that someone brought and Paul got a traditional chili.  It was very good.  Then we set up our trunk and passed out candy until about 7:30 pm.  I then practiced piano for some last minute preparation for the primary program tomorrow.

Sunday was the big day.  I warmed up in the morning before heading to church early.  The primary president wanted me to play prelude music while the kids made their way to the front of the chapel, so I showed up early to sit on the stand.  The program went really well!  The kids all sang well and did a great job with their speaking parts.  I felt good about the piano and everyone was very nice and complimentary afterwards.  Thanks to Mom and Dad for joining by zoom!

That was definitely the highlight.  Later we went on a walk, finished the 10 Commandments with Charleton Heston, I made a mini-roast dinner, Paul contacted all the people on his list for his calling and also had to go into lab for a minute.  I zoomed with Mom and Dad, Nathanael, Amelia and Eliza.  It was fun hearing about Mom and Dad's Mexican cruise.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 22-28, 2021

November 8-14, 2021

November 29 - December 5. 2021